How Can You Manage Health & Safety Risks of Contractors?
You can contract out the work, but you can’t contract out your health and safety obligations.
This one-day workshop examines PCBU / employer duties to contractors and their employees under WHS and OHS Acts. The workshop presents practical strategies for incorporating WHS standards into contractor activities at the tender specification, tender evaluation and on-site contract management phases.
The course teaches participants to:
- Understand how the health and safety duty of care extends to employees of contractors
- Be able to review contract tender documentation to ensure main WHS factors are addressed
- Be able to evaluate tender submissions for major and minor contract works to ensure appropriate attention is paid to health and safety
- Understand and be able to implement practical contract management strategies.
Who Should Attend
A must for all ‘legal representatives’ of the employer in their workplace:
- supervisors and line managers
- other key personnel with an interest in – or responsibility for – WHS
Duration: 1 day
* This course is only offered as an in-house program.
Contact our team of qualified experts to arrange in-house training for your team.