Are you frustrated by inefficiencies in your committees?
It is said that “a camel is a horse designed by a committee”. Many committees suffer the same problems – no clear idea of a committee’s functions, a few people do most of the talking, no set procedures are followed, no decisions are made, and no action occurs. Indeed, having a bad safety committee can be worse than having no committee at all.
CLICK HERE for further information.
The 1 day Health and Safety Committee training enables existing and potential committee members to:
- Understand the key factors for the effective operation of Health and Safety committees
- Participate as effective members of health and safety committees
- Review differences between Safety Officers, Health and Safety Representatives and members of the health and safety committee.
Answers will be provided to the common questions about committees:
- how many people should be on a committee
- how do we construct an agenda
- how long should the meeting last
- how often should we hold meetings
- how can we gain the support and involvement of our employees, supervisors and managers
- what should our committee talk about
- what is the role of the chairman – and other members
- how do we increase our knowledge and skills about health and safety?
Duration: 1 day (2 & 3 day versions are available)
CLICK HERE for further information on our Health & Safety Committee training.
* This course is only offered as an in-house program.
Contact our team of qualified experts to arrange in-house training for your team.