Looking for proven WHS training (approved by Comcare for Commonwealth Health & Safety Representatives)?
OSHA’s Comcare-Approved Initial 5-Day HSR Training Course will provide Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) – and others – with a good basic knowledge and understanding of the Commonwealth system for WHS, linking prevention, rehabilitation and compensation, with particular emphasis on prevention as expressed through the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, WHS Regulations and subsequent amendments.
The course is designed to address the six overall Learning Objectives as defined by Comcare:
- Interpreting the work health and safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR;
- Identifying key parties, legislative obligations and duties;
- Establishing representation in the workplace;
- Participating in consultation and issues resolution;
- Represent members in the WHS risk management process undertaken by the PCBU; and
- Issuing a provisional improvement notice (PIN) and directing the cessation of work.
Within the Commonwealth Jurisdiction OSHA’s Initial 5-Day HSR Training is a Comcare Approved Course. Public courses are offered in Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Adelaide, Hobart and Brisbane.
[For details of our in-house courses, contact us by email or telephone – see our Contact page.]
The HSR is an elected, voluntary role, this initial five day course is not intended to make HSRs qualified or expert WHS specialists.