Is it time for your HSRs to do their annual Comcare-Approved WHS Refresher Course?
This highly interactive 1-day Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) Refresher course provides an overview of new and/or recent developments with the Commonwealth WHS legislation, reviews the role, powers and rights of in HSRs in their respective workplaces and enhances a participant’s skills and behaviours to successfully carry out the role. Attendees will discuss the key attributes and behaviours of HSRs, learn from other participants what works – and what doesn’t – and workshop ways to make a positive contribution to WHS conditions in their Work Groups. The course addresses the six overall Learning Objectives as defined by Comcare:
- Interpreting the work health and safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR;
- Identifying key parties, legislative obligations and duties;
- Establishing representation in the workplace;
- Participating in consultation and issues resolution;
- Represent members in the WHS risk management process undertaken by the PCBU; and
- Issuing a provisional improvement notice (PIN) and directing the cessation of work.
Within the Commonwealth Jurisdiction OSHA’s 1-Day HSR Refresher Course is a Comcare Approved Course. Courses are offered in-house for groups 8-20. Public courses are offered in Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Adelaide, Hobart and Brisbane.